What is Philippine Qualifications Framework (PQF)?
- It is a national policy describing the levels of educational qualifications and sets the standards for qualification outcomes.
- A quality assured national system for the development, recognition and award of qualifications based on standards of knowledge, skills and values acquired in different ways and methods by learners and workers of a certain country.
- It is competency-based and labor market driven.
- It is assessment-based qualification recognition.
Objectives of the PQF
- To establish national standards and levels for outcomes of education and training, skills and competencies;
- To support the development and maintenance of pathways and equivalencies which provide access to qualifications and assist people to move easily and readily between the different E & T sectors and between these sectors and labour market; and
- To align the PQF with international qualifications framework to support the national and international mobility of workers thru increased recognition of the value and comparability of Philippine qualifications.
Benefits of the PQF
- Encourages lifelong learning allowing the person to start at the level that suits him and then build-up his qualifications as his needs and interests develop and change over time.
- Certificates and licenses recognized by government.
- FOR THE EMPLOYERS
- Assures that standards and qualifications are consistent to job requirements/demand.
- Provides common understanding on standards, qualifications and levels.
- FOR THE EDUCATIONAL & TRAINING PROVIDERS
- Ensures transparency in training provision, conformance to standards and preciseness of accountability for learning outcomes.
- Provides common understanding of policies and guidelines on credit transfer, articulation, portability, bridges pathway and RPL.
- FOR THE AUTHORITIES
- Provides the standards, taxonomy and typology of qualifications as bases for granting approvals to providers and stakeholders.
- Harmonizes qualifications in E & T across Philippines.